AMATAS co-organizing the BSides International Information Security Conference
In 2022 AMATAS supported the rebirth of the cybersecurity community as co-organizers of multiple cybersecurity domain experts' networking opportunities and valuable career industry development content.
Our effort to support the growing cybersecurity community in Bulgaria continues this year with the upcoming BSides International Information Security Conference happening on 18th-19th March in Sofia, Bulgaria.
IS Specialists will meet with colleagues and other cybersecurity enthusiasts at the "BSides Sofia" Bulgaria international conference at the University of National and World Economy. This year's forum will cover a wide range of topics, including ethical hacking, threat analysis, and new trends in malware.
After the success of BSides Sofia 2022, the organizers and sponsors now provide the opportunity for even more intriguing lectures, combined with demo sessions and cybersecurity workshops on two consecutive days. Among the highlights of the forum are the unique presentations by experts from Bulgaria, Romania, Israel, and Greece, who you can hardly have the chance to hear out anywhere else:
- Hacking HYUNDAI head unit, during which the presenter Radoslav Gerganov will showcase his research on how cyber-secure new cars are.
- Cristian Cornea will demonstrate the ability to bypass antivirus protection via bad-usb.
- Stalking the Stalkers will be the topic of Vangelis Stikas, who will introduce us to the details of his latest cybersecurity research this year.
- Daniela Shalev will present her experience fighting APT by elaborating on the Hunting unsigned DLLs to find APT.
Once again, the traditional Capture The Flag competition offers everyone in the cybersecurity community a chance to test their ethical hacking skills in a purpose-built environment. "BSides Sofia 2023" will be the first qualifying round for forming Bulgarian teams for the EUROPEAN CYBER SECURITY CHALLENGE for the teams in the 14-20 and 21-25 age groups, with the official support of MEU and CERT.BG.
BSides Sofia is a unique knowledge-sharing platform providing a dynamic environment for attendees to deepen their knowledge and understanding of cybersecurity challenges and opportunities. The conference aims to establish itself as an annual event promoting collaboration and knowledge sharing among professionals in the community.
The event is hosted by the University of National and World Economy and supported by multiple local-based companies and the biggest media partners. To register for BSides Sofia and participate in the CTF competition, visit https://securitybsides.bg
- Follow AMATAS on Linkedin for company updates, and subscribe to our monthly threat report for industry news.
- Explore career opportunities! Apply to join our cybersecurity team of experts | AMATAS